Paste your Google Webmaster Tools verification code here
Here are a 15 things I learned over the years on promoting your blog using Email Marketing.
- Email marketing is the number one way to get people back to your blog.
- Readers who come to your blog from email are more likely to share your content on the social web and to comment.
- Pop-ups on the entry and exit are the best places to collect emails.
- Even though you may hate pop-ups, very few of your visitors will complain about them.
- Sidebar opt-ins and opt-ins beneath blog posts (above the comments) are also effective areas to collect emails.
- The best way to collect email addresses is to offer each reader an incentive such as a free e-book.
- When testing the call-to-action button for your e-book offer, start with the “get instant access” call to action as it tends to convert well.
- Every time you publish a blog post, send out an email to all your subscribers, letting them know you published a post.
- When emailing your readers, limit the number of links in your emails. Using more than three tends to cause more emails to go into the spam folder.
- Don’t keep emailing those readers who don’t open your emails. It causes spam issues. Your email provider should help you filter out these emails.
- If your email offer is related to a specific blog post, your opt-in rate will go up.
- Make sure your offer is very valuable, or else it will ruin your reputation and cause a lot of unsubscribe.
- Keep your email subject lines short — it will help with open rates.
When possible, keep your subject lines casual as it also helps with open rates.
- Do not put your whole blog post within the email. Make sure you put only the first paragraph or two to help drive more traffic back to your site.
- Remember, Email is still one of the best ways to reach your subscribers and if done right, it will pull results instantly